There's a four-letter word that we in the south dont care much for. SNOW. There's a three-letter word we like even less. ICE. We are going to get at least some of one or the other this weekend.
All day yesterday and last night they were predicting 4"-8" of snow in my neck of the woods. The ice was predicted to stay about 50-75 miles south of here. Now, the 'models' are all shifting, and the snow is likely to go more north giving us only an inch or two, but a hefty layer (up to half inch) of ice.
Snow means slick roads, no school, and kids having fun (while I stay inside drinking hot tea!) However, ice means downed tree limbs and power lines, and in an all electric house that is not a good thing. I dont mind having to stay in (I've already been to the grocery store) but I really do want to stay warm while I am house-bound.
If the power goes out, and stays out for very long, I'll be looking for a way to get across town to my Mom an Dad's. They are all electric also, BUT they do have gas logs in the living room. So we can all sit huddled around the fireplace and play monopoly and maybe she can stir up a pot of stew and put it on the grill to heat.
Here's hoping for snow. It's still over 24 hours away, so really, anything could happen. Or even nothing could happen. Stay tuned for updates!
I don't mind the prospect of snow as much as ice!! Now that is an ugly word for us... I too am all electric, but we do have a kerosene heater-just in case! It works pretty well keeping us warm when we need it. Hannah and I went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon, not really because of the weather forecast-but in he words, "there is nothing to eat in the house!!" Now the pantry was pretty full, but just not what she wanted. Soooo... We are well stocked for whatever occurs.
ReplyDeleteI told the girls at the office Friday afternoon not to expect to see me Monday if we had any problems with roads- since I have 10.5. Miles of hills and curves before I get on a decent road and they are scraping and working on my highway and it is in even worse shape than usual. So, I say, " let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"
Glad that Justin is home safe and sound! Looks and sounds like even Natty is also!! I'll bet he is a busy man trying to catch up with all his buds!
Debra