Sunday, March 13, 2011

Whew! Busy Weekend ....

I'm exhausted!  But in a good way.

Yesterday I dragged and burned limbs all afternoon.  With the lovely weather though, and the fact that I love a good fire, it wasn't really what I could call hard work.  More like productive/therapeutic exercise.

And the yard looks better too.  Although I have enough limbs left for another afternoon (or two) of burning.  I don't know why my trees don't all look like telephone poles as many limbs as they lose every year.




I do have one really huge one that BabyBrother is gonna have to attack with the chainsaw to get it to a manageable size so we can burn it.  There's enough in that one limb for a whole day's burning.  Might have to plan dinner outdoors and relaxing by the fire well into the evening that day.



And then .... this afternoon I finally gave Red a much deserved bath.  She's hasn't had one all winter and she was looking pretty bad.  It was getting hard to tell exactly what color she really was.  I live on a chert road.  (That gravel you see is only in my driveway, not the whole road!)


Of course, it's supposed to rain tomorrow night, but she'll look good for a day or two at least. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment