Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ahhhhh ... Nashville!

My home away from home.

Got stuck in traffic trying to get out of Birmingham yesterday.  Linda's plane was supposed to land at 11:40 and by 9:30 I knew I was gonna be late.  But she's cool, I knew she'd just sit and read her book til I got there.  No biggie.

Then about 10:00 am I got an email from her saying she had a longer layover in Dallas b/c the plane she was supposed to transfer to was late gettin in from NY b/c of weather.  Yay! (Sorry, I know that sounds mean.)

So finally at 12:18 she calls and says the plane just landed, and she has to get her baggage.  I said "perfect, I'm about 10-15 minutes away".  So I get to the airport, pull up to the terminal, and there she stands.  We couldn't have timed it any better if we'd tried.

So off we go to Jack's for our BBQ and fudge pie.  And it is dadgum cold in Nashville!  When I left home yesterday morning it was 56 degrees.  When I got to Nashville it was 41 degrees!  Linda had on sandals (it was warm in Albequerque too), so she was standing in the parking lot before we went in to eat changing into her socks and boots!

We got our food and started chowing down, and once we got done I said "oh no! we ate so fast I forgot to take a pic of our food!"   Well, it had been a long time since breakfast!

WE came and got checked into our room.  Met up with some friends from Australia that we've known for about six or seven years but have never met in person.  Hooked up with some more of our online songwriter friends and listened to some of them play and sing for a while.

Then we scooted off to 3rd and Lindsley for some music.  We saw The Van Leers, Rick Huckaby, and Keith Anderson.  All were really great.  We got more than our $7 worth.  And 3&L has great food too!  Linda especially loves their fried pickles.

Here are a few pics from the day.

Linda and the fudge pie.



Hanging out jamming with friends. 




The Van Leers




Rick Huckaby


Rick, with my friend Jeanne Richardson on background vocals.



Keith Anderson





More coming soon (as soon as we slow down long enough to share it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment