Today I took off from work so I could get a few absolutely necessary things done before BoyChild's wedding.
One priority .... getting my toes did. ;-)
Second biggie .... purchasing non-perishables, and getting arrangements made for chicken tender / sandwich / wrap trays and fixin's for the after-rehearsal feast. It's the only "task" I've been "assigned" for the wedding, so I want to do a good job.
I slept in an extra hour or so this morning, then made myself some breakfast. I was sitting at the desk checking facebook and eating my bacon and bagel when I heard someone come up the driveway. BoyChild comes in the door with his breakfast (from Jack's) in hand. He'd gone by my Mom and Dad's to sit and eat with them and they weren't home. So he went by my office (forgetting that I was off today), and finally arrived at my house.
He was looking for a facilitator for his last big independent adventure before the wedding. He needed someone to drive him to the car lot (over an hour and a half away) to look at a truck he'd found online. He had it in his head he was gonna get that truck today and he needed someone to take him so he could drive it home.
I hemmed and hawed a bit, then got dressed, put on a little lipstick, and we hit the road. We left at 9am, and arrived back home about 630pm. It was a long day!
Let me see if I can give you the Reader's Digest version.
Drive to Cullman, AL - look at truck, drive truck, decide this is the truck he really needs.
Apply for loan with dealership's financiers. Terms not acceptable.
Talk to BoyChild's financial institution on the phone - go to lunch while waiting - get approved.
Drive to Birmingham to sign paperwork and pick up check.
Drive back to Cullman to get truck and sign paperwork.
Head home with truck - get stuck in "rush" hour in Birmingham.
We traveled 265 miles (back and forth and back and forth).
BoyChild has new truck.
Momma is wore slap out.
Momma's toes are not pretty.
There is no food ordered / purchased for rehearsal dinner.
Momma will be busy tomorrow doing what she was gonna do today.
Momma had a good day with BoyChild. Nothing else really matters.
(Of course, trucks do not come with fuel.)

But look what you did accomplish: A beautiful new truck and a day spent with BoyChild before he gets married!! Priceless!! (unfortunately, the gas to run that new truck is not priceless) LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds just like what a GoodMama would do for her BoyChild.
ReplyDelete