Saturday, August 20, 2011

Food!

You knew I'd talk about food again sooner or later didn't you?  :-)

My friend Julie told me about almond butter, so today I bought some on my (dreaded) trip to WalMart.  Doggone it's good!  I also bought Nutella, which I've heard a lot about - and as soon as I try it (maybe with my bagel tomorrow morning?) I'll let you know how I like it.

The weight loss is stalling this week, and in fact I'm up a pound since Tuesday.  Grrr!! But I'm steady watching my calories, and getting to the gym at least three times a week (this week I've actually been every day but Wednesday, though yesterday's workout wasn't very intense).   So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I'll start losing again.

There've been a few occasions recently at work where food (cake!) has been brought in for one reason or another (or for no reason at all) and I've resisted very well.  The first was for a baby shower, and I took a very small piece (about and inch and a half square) and ate less than half of it.  It was a very good cake, but just two or three bites was more than enough for me (and later when I tried to look up calories for it I about had a heart attack!!)   Last week there was a birthday, and took one bite of chocolate (with chocolate icing) cake, and again, that was more than enough to satisfy me (and that says a lot from someone who used to would have eaten a piece at the party and smuggled a second piece back to my desk for a snack later!)

So, I've made some major adjustments in my eating habits, and so far it's looking like it's something I'll be able to stick with long term.  Oh, I also passed up Krispy Kreme's a couple of weeks ago too!!

Here is the almond butter I bought.  It's much better than peanut butter.  It didn't seem as 'rich' as peanut butter, and that's a good thing.

I'll post about the Nutella later ... after I actually try it!


Updated to add:

Oh!  My!  Goodness!!  



I can't believe how long I've been wanting to try this and kept forgetting about it until I would see an advertisement on tv.  For so long I have been missing out on this yummy goodness.  All I can say is, go getcha some now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment