Haven't posted in a while. Been busy. Haven't accomplished much, but I've been busy at it. ;-)
Had The Gabster over the weekend. We had a great time as usual. We went to the park again but didn't stay long this time. It just didn't seem to be where she wanted to be this time. I didn't get many pictures, but I thought maybe she was trying her version of 'planking' in this one.
We came home and had a good lunch, then she took a two and a half hour nap (I rested my eyes while listening to the tv). About 3pm the a/c started acting up. I opened the windows and turned on the fans and it wasn't too unpleasant but by bedtime I still did not have it working so I got her bathed and dressed and took her over to Mom and Dad's to spend the night because she had been coughing a good bit due to her allergies and sinus drainage and I knew she needed to sleep cool.
Great day at church Sunday. In fact, she took me to the nursery vs me having to take her. She started down the hall and motioned for me to c'mon, so I did. She hung her bag on the hook and waved goodbye to me. When I went back to get her later she was playing happily. We started back down the hall to go outside to the car and her PawPaw had already gone to the car because he was convinced we had gone out a different door since we were taking so long. But The Gabster had to stop and speak to everyone she encountered along the way, and there were a lot of people in that hall.
Monday she went to the doctor and got some meds for her sinus infection, so she is feeling much better now. However, every time the little stink gets an infection, I get it too! I've just suffered through it and am much better today, but BabyGurl went to the doctor today also and got meds for sinus infection and bronchitis. BabyGurl also bought us both a neti pot last night and tried hers when she got home. I was already in bed asleep so I am going to try mine tonight. She said it was amazing how much better she could breathe afterward.
And of course I was so sick yesterday (didn't go to work) that I didn't even update the weight loss adventure. I've lost another 1.4 pounds this week for a total of 22.2 pounds. Yay me!! I am still 4.8 pounds away from where I want to be before the wedding, and I haven't been to the gym since Sunday since I've been so sick (and probably won't go any this week because of this nagging cough which will surely be aggravated by over-exertion). So I'm going to have to try to be very very good this week with my eating. However ..... I did wear a pair of size 8 pants to work today!!! Woo Hoo!! I have a pair of size 8 jeans that are gonna fit in about two more pounds!
I will leave you with one last picture from the weekend. You already know the girl is all about clothes and shoes ..... well now we're making sure she knows all about Avon too!! (She's picking out purple fingernail polish!)

I really enjoy reading your blog, Paula. Loving the planking picture of Gabby too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris. I like sharing. And there's a little more room for 'personalization' and details here than on facebook.
ReplyDelete