Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vacation Day ...

I have some vacation days I have to burn before the end of the year or I lose them, so I took the day off today and Ma and I went "galavanting".  Well, ok we went to the Thrift Store and to KMart.  But that was gallavanting because it was an hour away.  We dont have any KMarts nearby any more, and they have by far a better fashion selection than WalMart.  WalMart carries the Miley Cyrus brand; KMart carries the Jaquelyn Smith brand.  'Nuff said.

At the thrift store I got a shirt (burgundy and grey striped), and Ma bought two shirts for Pa and a denim vest for The Gabster.

At another "thrift type" store, I got a pair of brown jeans and on behalf of BabyGurl I bought a pair of black lace-up "combat type" boots for her Halloween costume.

Then on to KMart.  Ma got a blouse.  I got a pair of grey denim pants and a silver sweater, and the a pair of lightweight corduroy pants and a dark brown sweater.  Yes, I said sweater.  I'm not a sweater person, but these are very lightweight.

Then, we met DIL for lunch.  We were shopping in the town where she works.  She was surprised when we showed up at her office about 10am and arranged to meet her for lunch.  I splurged and had a burger and fries.  But I just added up my calories for the day and I am still under my calories!! (By about 40 calories, but hey, under is under!)  Of course it helped that I did not have any snacks today because we were so busy.  AND ..... after we got home (and I went to the dreaded WalMart for my frozen foods) I went to the gym.

If I could just win the lottery, I could do this every day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment