Some might think this is the real reason Linda and I go to Nashville every year. And it might very well be! We do a lot or research before we go and try new places each trip.
First up, off the plane and straight to Jack's on Broadway.
We ate our dinner so fast, we forgot to take a picture!!
But we got our fudge pie to go.
Fudge Pie and Comfort Inn Coffee!! ;-)
Linda, showing us how it's done!
Thursday we went downtown to Puckett's for lunch.
I had a BLT and sweet potato fries.
I forgot to make a pic of Linda's pulled pork or Nave's meatloaf,
but I did get all our desserts!
My peanut butter pie (with chocolate crust). RICH!
Nave's chocolate chess pie.
Linda's peach cobbler, with ice cream!
Thursday night we went to RampBash
(a term for a gathering of an online songwriters group that meets once a year in Nashville) so after the bash we ordered from a local delivery place ... just salads, we'd eaten so much at lunch!
(Of course, no pics of the salad, LOL)
Friday lunch was a light lunch at Fido's with our friend Angie. We were saving up for our dinner cruise on the General Jackson that night.
No pic of my scrambled eggs and toast ... but a pic of my great mocha!
We had a nice dinner on the General Jackson later that evening.
I also had a glass (or two) of Riesling.
Later with my dessert (which we ate so fast I forgot to photograph it), I had two cups of coffee! The dessert was a chocolate cherry mousse.
I ate the chocolate part and gave Linda my cherry part.
Cherries are awfully pretty, but they sure don't taste good!
Saturday we went to Puckett's (same ownership as the lunch venue from Thursday, but different location.)
We went to here our friend Thom Shepherd and had some great food before the show.
Linda ordered the ribs, but alas, they were out of ribs so she opted for pulled pork again. I ordered a sampler platter (shrimp, ribs, pulled pork) so I just had them add extra shrimp in place of the ribs.
This is the shrimp. 'New Orleans style' BBQ shrimp they called it.
(And sweet potato fries there on the side. Puckett's has the absolute best sweet potato fries.)
The chocolate chess pie, and cherry cobbler were inhaled so quickly, no pic.
Saturday we were going to go to the 'Feed Mill' and Amish store in Nolensville for lunch. When we arrived in town we discovered the Buttercup Festival. Lots of booths and tents, along with the shops and boutiques in town. We had a great time.
We had hamburgers for lunch, and ice cream for dessert.
We did not have the fried oreo's, but I had to take this pic
and send it to BoyChild b/c he loves fried oreo's.
That's it for the food this week.
Are ya hungry yet??














Yeah I miss chompin' on Jack's BBQ sandwich... and pie! I like Neely's too.
ReplyDeleteI was really disappointed in Jack's this time. Puckett's has some really good BBQ though. Puckett's has really good everything!!
ReplyDelete