Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Workout # 3 ...

Today was my third day at the gym.  I actually 'felt' it today when I was working on my arms and abs.  There wasn't any pain, but there was just the 'feeling' that I'd been working those muscles.  Tomorrow I might bypass the arm/ab machines and just spend some extra time on the treadmill.

There are some serious workout folks there.  I like the fact though that all the equipment is adjustable for all levels.  I just have to remember to check the settings before I start or else I find myself wondering why I cant budge the machine - like yesterday when I noticed that the weight adjustment has been set on 170 pounds! (My limit on arms is 40, and on legs is 30!)

Today was 25 minutes on the treadmill, then arms/abs/legs machines .... then 20 minutes on the stationary bike ... then another round of arms/abs/legs.  Not too many reps on each of the machines, but I'll get there ... eventually.

I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and sign up for the paid membership once my free week is up.  Especially since you can just pay monthly without committing to a year or more.

One thing I'l like to point out though .... I haven't lost any weight yet.  But then I got to thinking ... it must be because I've gained muscle, right?

  

I have (starting today) substituted my Peanut Butter Snickers for this:


3 comments:

  1. Inches! Maybe you've lost inches :-) By the way, your healthy snack looks delicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I think at this point all I've lost is about four hours. But I'm not giving up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chris, you will probably lose inches first. Be sure to take your measurements, so you will know for sure. Snacks look delicious. Apples with peanut butter are a good snack also, if you don't want to give up your peanut butter! I love watermelon also!! Yum! Have some cut in the frig. now for a fast smack .

    ReplyDelete