Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Need New Shoes ...

These five year old Walmart specials are not going to work for my workouts.  At least not for the treadmill part of it.  I dont even know where to start to buy "good" shoes for running / walking (in my case just walking).

I know I need good shoes that fit properly and have good support, but I also know I'm not about to invest hundreds of dollars in shoes to wear to the gym.

Any suggestions?  Inexpensive suggestions please.  Just for walking on the treadmill; no running, no adverse conditions.  Just 45 minutes to an hour on the treadmill, that's all.

4 comments:

  1. I have had good luck buying New Balance, Nike and other great brands at Kohl's for about $25. I was quiet surprised at the varied selections they offered and good prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go to Walmart today (I generally avoid it like the plague) but since I was there, I looked and got a pair of Dr Shoals. Been wearing them around the house this afternoon. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually have good luck at Academy Sports or either Shoe Station. Good selections at any of the "sports" stores. That is what I work in all the time. My favorites are Nike or New balance. Good luck! Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend New Balance, because my podiatrist loves them. I also love them! You can find them at TJMaxx and Marshall's for a good price if you're diligent. You could also look online too. Go to a pricey store, figure out which size and style work for you, then find them online for much cheaper.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete