I'm about to become as rotund as the Jolly Ol' Man himself, but I'm far from jolly about it!
On Monday's, Wednesdays and Friday's for three weeks (last, this and next) our office is doing 'snacks'. Well, 'snacks' carries different meanings according to which department is in charge that day. Overall we've had everything from sausage/egg casserole, hashbrown casserole, pigs in a blanket, to cookies, candies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, and thankfully on two occasions, fruit!
Of course you can lull yourself into believing you are being 'good' when you eat fruit, but seriously, if you eat two or three apples (with caramel sauce), a bowlful of grapes, and enough pineapple to make you a citizen of Hawaii ... well, I dont think you've (I've) been very 'good' after all.
Add that to not enough sleep, due to 'event's in our neighborhood recently, and the nighttime serenades, and most recently (last night) a 1am phone call from the BoyChild in Iraq (yes, he did realize it was 1am here but apparently he had been forgetting for several days prior to get some information he needed from me to update his paperwork prior to returning to the US next month), and well, it makes for a grumpy, tired, and sometimes downright irritable Mom.
So, if by some chance you cross my path and I look less than 'bright eyed and bushy-tailed' .... I hope you'll understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment