Sometime in the middle of the night (3:51am to be more exact), I was awakened by Natty’s low-pitched, but determined, “woof-woof-woof”. I lay there thinking “she cant need to go out, she was out at 11:30pm”. Plus, she usually whines, not barks, when she needs to go out.
She got quiet for a minute or two then “woof-woof-woof” again. Then, I heard “who-who-who-whoooooooo”. Right outside Natty’s window of course. So for several minutes it was “woof-woof-woof”, then “who-who-who”, then “woof-woof-woof”, then “who-who-who”.
Finally it was enough to even wake BabyGurl up and she was about to let Natty out when I told her she was just barking at the hoot owl and didn’t need to go out. So BabyGurl scolded her and put her back to bed.
After that, all was quiet (until the garbage truck arrived at about 5:30am).
Needless to say, I’m very tired today.
No comments:
Post a Comment