Friday, December 14, 2012

The Christmas Forrest ...

If you found your way here from Kelly's Korner, WELCOME!  Grab a cup of coffee and make yourself at home!

Last week my neighbor posted on facebook that she had nine Christmas trees.  I thought she was a wee bit nutty.  Then she showed pictures, and I realized that I have eight trees in my house!! Yeah, some are tiny little things.  Mere saplings.  Never-the-less .....

The big tree.  

When I first put it up I got the lights going but nothing else.  For well over a week I let it sit with lights only.  That's all The Gabster cares about.  And really, it looked pretty good.


 I finally got around to putting just a few ornaments on it this past week.  

And really, in the 'big picture' you cant tell much difference (except for the angel and that one humongous ornament.)


Closeups of a few of the ornaments.









These three trees are in The Gabster's room.  
They blink.  She loves them. 



I got this little fiber optic thing several years ago from Avon.  


Then there's this little forest .....


Aside from the trees, the decorations are quite sparse this year.  

A couple of poinsettia baskets ....





Some snow cowboys I bought for BoyChild several years ago.  

 

I've been babysitting them until he gets a house.  


These next two items are very special.  
They belonged to my Nannie (my Mom's mom). 

Her angel tree topper ....


And her Rudolph ...


That's it for my Christmas decorations this year. 

I bought some Christmas placemats several weeks ago, but when I got ready to put them out last week, I couldn't find them.  Oh well ..... :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment