Still loving my Nook I got several months ago. Really loving checking out library books for it. I've had it since April and I think I've bought three books for 99 cents each. Otherwise I've read free books from the B&N site, and library books. The library's selection of ebooks is getting larger every day.
I've read tons of authors I might never have found but for searching 'free' on the B&N site, and 'mystery' on the library site.
Here's a few I've really liked:
July Hyzy -- She has two series that I've read (or am reading); Manor House Mysteries, and White House Chef Mysteries. Manor House has only two books (I hope there will be more to come, they are great). White House Chef has five. I've read two and have a third one checked out now. She also has some other books I haven't had a chance to read yet.
John Lescroart -- I have read two of his books and am on the third. I can't put them down. He has a series featuring an attorney named Dismas Hardy. These are really well written books and I never know how it's going to end until I get to the end. There are many recurring characters in the books. I've had to read them a bit out of order due to library availability, but it hasn't affected the plot of the book any (the most noticeable thing so far is that in the book I'm reading now Hardy's kids are infant/toddler, and in the first book I read they were teenagers.)
Carolyn Hart -- She has several series, but so far I've only read the Bailey Ruth Raeburn books. Mystery, but light and funny. Bailey Ruth is a well intentioned, but sometimes over-eager ghost who comes back to her hometown to help folks who are in trouble. Very fun reading.
I have the "1st generation" Nook. I love it. I'm thinking of getting my mom the new Nook Simple Touch for Christmas. If she decided she doesn't like it, I'll use it myself. But I think she'll like it. (Now, if I could just afford to get my dad an iPad!)
So ..... what do you recommend for my reading pleasure??
Either a Nook or a Kindle is on my Christmas list - hoping to get one. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDelete