Friday, November 18, 2011

'Tis The Season (almost)

So I'm trying to get motivated and get some organizing / cleaning / bumblebee-flighting done so I can decorate for Christmas this year.

The living room is in good shape.  I just finished it up last night by boxing and stashing all my 'everyday' knicknacks so I can replace them with 'seasonal' knickknacks.  (The kitchen is a whole other story.  I'm still trying to figure out how to hide it!)

Last week Ma and I were our shopping and I found a tree I really liked (the one I've had previously is now too big because of my new heater and the fact that I cannot rearrange my furniture to accomodate it any more) but I didnt buy it that day of course, lest I find another I like better for less $ (b/c this one is a bit pricey, but probably worth it b/c it is very 'full').  So last night I went back and picked one up and it is now sitting (in the box) in the living room awaiting a chance to show off it's spendor.  I can't put it up yet b/c I am one of "those" people who get really annoyed when Thanksgiving is passed over for all the hustle and bustle of Christmas.  But I'll be ready to hit it Thanksgiving night I hope.  :-)

Now, tomorrow I have to get in the storage shed and try to find the box(es) of ornaments.  It will be hard to decide what to put on this little tree (4.5' so it can sit on the end table).  I have enough ornaments to deocorate my 7' pre-lit (1000 lights) tree at least twice, and now I'm down to 4.5'!  Oh my!  This little tree is going to be heavy laden b/c I will not be able to decide.  Though I imagine a few will be disqualified on size alone because they will look so out of place. 

The new tree is pre-lit with 100 (white) lights.  I bought a string of 100 (colored) lights to add to it.  I have to find a small tree skirt now; or maybe I'll just wrap the base with some of that 'felt snow' if I cant find something I like. 

I'm really trying to get into it this year.  The past two years I did not decorate much (just a few knicknacks)  because we were dealing with getting BoyChild off to Iraq the first year, then last year we were trying to get him home.  And when I was using the big tree, he had to manhandle it together for me! 

Here is a picture of the only trees I had last year.  I will use these again in addition to my new mini-tree (which wont really be so mini once it's sitting on the table I hope).

I think I should have ironed my 'snow'!

First things first though.  We'll be going Thanksgiving Day to my cousin's "farm".  I'll try to remember to take some pictures.  We're supposed to have 'ok' weather.  Chilly, but supposedly the rain will come earlier in the week. 

We've already had our Thanksgiving dinner here at work.  Food food everywhere!!  But oh so good.  And the week after Thanksgiving they start with "snack days".  Thank goodness I will be off on two of those days so I wont do so much damage to my new healthy eating plan! 

Hopefully I'll be blogging a little more often than I have been lately (I've just been kind of slacking for no good reason).  But just in case I dont .... (or you dont make it back to check next week) ......

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY...


No comments:

Post a Comment