Friday, November 18, 2011

Connecting ....

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner has a great weekly 'event' called "Show Us Your Life" where she connects folks with commonalities.  This week she is connecting "older" bloggers (she's worried about hurting our feelings, but I am not offended at all.  After all, I am older than she is).

I hit the big Five-0 this summer and I'm proud of every minute of it.

I'm divorced (many years ago) and raised my kids and am now enjoying life. My kids are grown (BoyChild is 26 and BabyGurl is 27).  BoyChild got married in September and I am delighted with my new DIL.  She is lovely, inside and out.  She let's me give advice freely and accepts it with a smile.

I have two granddogs, Natty and Agnes, both blue pits.  The sweetest 'puppies' you could ever hope to find. The only danger they pose is Natty will kiss you to death and Agnes will drown you with slobber.

I'm on a journey to becoming healthier (not a diet, a new lifestyle), and so far I'm maintaining it fairly well through this season of sharing (bringing food to work) and hope to be able to hang on through the end of the year and hit it running (literally) again in January.  Gym time has been hard to find the past couple of weeks and will be until after the first of the year I'm afraid.   I'm excited that this is the first year since I can remember that I will not be making a resolution to lose weight.  I'm already there!

I went to New York and Atlantic City two years ago to see my son (National Guard, he was stationed at Ft Dix NJ for pre-deployment training) just before he deployed to Iraq. This very small-town girl never thought she'd make it to NYC, but it wasn't scary after all (it would have been if I'd been alone), and I'd like to go back when it's not sub-zero temps with three feet of snow on the ground.

He had a (thankfully) uneventful year over there and is back home safe and sound and is in the process of going through his discharge in the next few months.

I like to read mystery and romance novels (James Patterson, Stuart Woods, Danielle Steele, Catherine Coulter).  I recently got a Nook and have discovered lots of great new authors by just browsing the available ebooks available from the library.  (B&N has many free books as well).

On tv I like the new Hawaii Five-0, Leverage, Body of Proof, Person of Interest, Army Wives, Harry's Law, Rizzoli and Isles, Blue Bloods ..... well, you get the idea.

So, I look forward to 'meeting' some new bloggers thanks to Kelly.  Browse around and hopefully you'll find something interesting in at least a few of my posts.

10 comments:

  1. I glad you didn't find NY scary. I live in NJ. I have been to Atlantic city a few times. I like to read Danielle Steele also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Kelly's Older blogger linky! Love, ~Nana~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog at Kelly's Corner and had to click because I'm a Paula, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in the country but its a suburb of NYC...I feel like its the best of both worlds. I turned 51 this year and its not so bad. : ) Visiting from Kelly's today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, you have always had a sweet word for Kelly and me. It has been a delight getting to read your blog and getting to "Know" you! Of course, I am quite a bit older than you but we "older" bloggers need to stick together!! LOL

    Have a great week-end and Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Blessings!
    Kelly's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I turned 50 this year too and am pretty okay with it too. I mean, the alternative is not so good. ha.

    Visiting from Kelly's...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Kelly's Korner; congrats on the weight you've lost and the healthy living you're doing. That's an inspiration to me!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula, thank you for your kind comment. I love reading about your life and look forward to a long "friendship" with you. God bless!!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula. I just saw your comment on my blog. Just this morning, I added my link to Kelly's blog. Somehow I had missed her post about it the other day. I hesitated to add. I have tried to get my blog going, but end up getting frustrated w/ the photos & my captions, so I let it go. Then, I haven't had many followers, so that doesn't make it quite as fun. HA!
    Thanks for stopping by & perhaps we can connect through the Blog. We'll have to compare Nashville notes. I'll try to do better at posting on my blog, but it might be a few days. These Holidays are a busy time for me, as everyone.
    Feel free to email me anytime.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm fellow older mom blogger who's stopping by via Kelly's Korner.
    Thank your son for his service to our country.

    ReplyDelete