Friday, March 1, 2013

A Day In The Life ...

Linking up with Kelly's Korner for A Day In The Life ......

If it's a weekday and it's just me, it's pretty routine .......

Get up, wash hair, eat breakfast, dry hair, get dressed for work, go to work.

Whine about having to work all day. (Thankfully I do get to go home for lunch.  We only get half an hour but I only live a mile away.  This break saves my sanity).

Get off work at 4:30.  Go to either gym or grocery store, depending on my mood. 

Watch some tv, eat some supper, read a book, work a craft, go to bed. 

Rinse, Repeat.  :-)

Sometimes I have the Gabster. 

In which case after getting home at 4:30 I exchange the tv, reading, crafting for things like watch her favorite episode of Dora a half dozen times,

or sit in the playroom reading a book while she cooks supper for her babies. 

 
or watch her watch herself in the mirror,

 
or watch her fix her hair,

 
she's all about fixing the hair
(that is an old hot iron that does not work and is not plugged in!)
 
then there is supper .......
(sometimes she *helps* me cook)
 
eating is her favorite part,


 gotta brush those pearly whites
(she likes the spitting part the best!)
 
 
add a bath and headwashing,
 
 
and always a book (or five) before bedtime,

 
 
Then, the following morning, the routine doesn't change much from mine except getting her to decide what she is going to wear.  Sometimes it's a quick choice, sometimes it takes a while.  And sometimes just when she gets all dressed, she changes her mind!
 
Oh, and we have to watch Oswald while getting dressed!  She cant leave for day care until Oswald is over.  (My parents come by and take her to day care, and I head off to work!)
 
So, those are my two variations on "a day in the life"!
 

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute pics. Especially with the faux hair curling and dinner making. :) I'd have to agree that my days are fairly mundane too being a working momma and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, sweet post! Absolutely love the precious Gabster pics.... Precious!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little Gabby is precious! I'm so glad I get to see what she looks like - adorable. In answer to your questions, Emma eats normally now, but we did a lot of OT with her to get to that spot. I'll be writing about that in the future. Emma qualified for OT, but there were not enough therapists, and since she wasn't a severe case, she didn't get served. They taught me some things to do with her, and I have a friend from church who worked with me on strategies that really helped. If you want more information, email me. leslieharvey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete