Right about the time BoyChild and DIL announced that they were expecting, I saw a quilt pattern I wanted to try.
It's been LONG time since I quilted (and even then only one small quilt and a couple of tote bags).
But I saw a blog about a bubble quilt and thought I'd give it a whirl. I looked up a couple quick tutorials on YouTube and headed out to WalMart for supplies.
I wanted cute/pretty, but I also wanted cheap. This fabric fit the bill pretty well.
And wouldn't you know it, just this week we found out it's going to be a girl!
I still have a couple more rows to go, then I have to figure out what I want to use for a backing. I'm thinking a very (very) lightweight felt if I can find a complementary color.
I may have to pick up a new sewing machine soon too. My thirty-some-odd year old Kenmore has about had it.
*******************************************
Today I am linking up with Cowgirl Up at Farmhouse Porch.




No comments:
Post a Comment