I am linking up with Kelly's Korner today for her Show Us Your Life Series on Halloween Costumes.
We dont' go "all out" for Halloween. However, The Gabster is four this year and will have a sense of what it is all about. And our downtown businesses (main street is a whole two blocks) have a "Monster Walk" and give out candy and other treats from 4:00pm til 5:30pm on Halloween afternoon.
The Gabster has been signing to us (she is non-verbal*) that she wants to be a bird/chicken for Halloween (the sign for all birds is pretty much the same in her world).
So a few weeks ago at the local thrift store I found this duck suit for ONE DOLLAR!
It was a snug fit, and took a little maneuvering to get on and off, but it qualified as a bird and she was happy with it.
Then a couple of weeks later I was back in the thrift store (yes, we shop there a LOT) and found another duck suit (what are the odds of that!?) in a larger size. Although I had to pay TWO DOLLARS for this one. ;-)
So now I'm wishing I knew another small child to take with us so that I could see if I could get all my ducks in a row for a change.
This is her wearing the larger suit.
And in case you don't regularly follow my blog, this girl LOVES her mirror!
Check back in after Halloween to see her as she will actually be dressed for Halloween. She has some cute Halloween striped leggins that she will be wearing in hopes that they will look like duck legs!





No comments:
Post a Comment